Office Updates regarding COVID-19
We are committed to the health and safety of our patients as we re-open our practice. Our goal is to minimize our patients’ risk of exposure to COVID-19 by following infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here are some of the updates and changes have been implemented at our office:
- You will note that our staff will be using an enhanced level of protective equipment during your appointment and throughout the office.
- You will also note that our waiting room has been emptied and barriers have been set up in order to reduce contact with other patients and promote distancing.
- We have adjusted our schedule so that we are seeing fewer patients with longer times in between appointments so that we can more effectively clean and sanitize treatment rooms and common areas.
- We will call our patients prior to each appointment to ask a few screening questions. At your appointment we will repeat the screening and take a temperature. Patients who have symptoms or history of possible exposure to covid-19 may be asked to reschedule.
- Our staff will also be screened and have their temperature taken and logged at the start of each day.
- When you arrive at our office, we ask that you call us from your car, and we will notify you when to enter the office.
- Our waiting room will be empty and no longer provide seating.
- We request that you arrive to your appointment by yourself or with a single parent/guardian when required.
- We will require that you wear a mask while in our office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. Please call us at the office if you have any additional questions.